By Amy Glasmeier
Persistant poverty has lengthy been one in every of America's such a lot urgent and intractable difficulties. based on a few estimates, by way of 2003, nearly twenty-five percentage of the America's nations had per-capita earning under one part the nationwide common, excessive unemployment, low labour strength participation charges, and a excessive dependency on executive move payments - all measures of financial misery. An Atlas of Poverty in America indicates how and the place America's neighborhood improvement styles became extra asymmetric, and graphically illustrates the expanding variety of groups falling in the back of the nationwide monetary ordinary. Readers might be in a position to use this Atlas to see how significant occasions and traits have impacted the scope and quantity of yank poverty long ago half-century:economic globalization, the increase of the sunbelt, decline of the welfare kingdom, and the civil rights flow. additionally contains 195 color maps.
Read Online or Download An Atlas of Poverty in America: One Nation, Pulling Apart 1960–2003 PDF
Best social sciences reference books
The International Encyclopedia of fellows and Masculinities bargains a complete consultant to the present nation of scholarship approximately males, masculinities, and gender world wide. The Encyclopedia's assurance is entire throughout 3 dimensions: parts of non-public and social lifestyles, educational disciplines, and cultural and historic contexts and formations.
Tavistock Press used to be confirmed as a co-operative enterprise among the Tavistock Institute and Routledge & Kegan Paul (RKP) within the Nineteen Fifties to supply a sequence of significant contributions around the social sciences. This quantity is a part of a 2001 reissue of a range of these vital works that have given that long past out of print, or are tricky to find.
Tavistock Press was once demonstrated as a co-operative enterprise among the Tavistock Institute and Routledge & Kegan Paul (RKP) within the Nineteen Fifties to provide a chain of significant contributions around the social sciences. This quantity is a part of a 2001 reissue of a range of these very important works that have because long past out of print, or are tough to find.
Latinos are the quickest growing to be inhabitants in the USA at the present time. This two-volume encyclopedia lines the historical past of Latinos within the usa from colonial occasions to the current, targeting their effect at the country in its historic improvement and present tradition. "Latino heritage and tradition" covers the myriad ethnic teams that make up the Latino inhabitants.
- Mandeville Studies: New Explorations in the Art and Thought of Dr. Bernard Mandeville (1670–1733) (International Archives of the History of Ideas Archives internationales d'histoire des idées)
- The Reception of Darwinism in the Iberian World: Spain, Spanish America and Brazil (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science)
- Religiosity, Cosmology and Folklore: The African Influence in the Novels of Toni Morrison (Studies in African American History and Culture)
- Family Influences and Psychosomatic Illness: An inquiry into the social and psychological background of duodenal ulcer: Volume 35 (International Behavioural ... Sciences, Classics from the Tavistock Press)
- The Passionate Society: The Social, Political and Moral Thought of Adam Ferguson: 191 (International Archives of the History of Ideas Archives internationales d'histoire des idées)
Additional info for An Atlas of Poverty in America: One Nation, Pulling Apart 1960–2003
An Atlas of Poverty in America: One Nation, Pulling Apart 1960–2003 by Amy Glasmeier