By Koen H. van Dam,Igor Nikolic,Zofia Lukszo
Decision makers in huge scale interconnected community platforms require simulation types for choice help. The behaviour of those platforms depends on many actors, positioned in a dynamic, multi-actor, multi-objective and multi-level atmosphere. How can such platforms be modelled and the way can the socio-technical complexity be captured? Agent-based modelling is a confirmed method of deal with this problem. This publication presents a pragmatic creation to agent-based modelling of socio-technical platforms, in accordance with a technique that has been constructed at TU Delft and which has been deployed in quite a few case stories. The e-book includes components: the 1st provides the heritage, conception and method in addition to sensible instructions and tactics for development types. within the moment half this conception is utilized to a few case reports, the place for every version the advance steps are provided greatly, getting ready the reader for growing personal models.
Read Online or Download Agent-Based Modelling of Socio-Technical Systems: 9 (Agent-Based Social Systems) PDF
Similar computer simulation books
This leading edge textual content emphasizes a "less-is-more" method of modeling complex platforms resembling warmth move through treating them first as "1-node lumped versions" that yield basic closed-form strategies. the writer develops numerical recommendations for college students to acquire extra aspect, but additionally trains them to exploit the strategies simply whilst less complicated ways fail.
Exploring advanced and clever analytical and mathematical tools, this e-book examines how diversified methods can be utilized to optimize software administration within the development undefined. It provides an in-depth research of different application administration equipment, starting from uncomplicated decision-making ideas and information research to the extra advanced linear programming and demonstrates how knowledge-base structures and genetic algorithms can be utilized to optimize assets and meet time, finances and caliber standards.
This short booklet provides recommendations of stress-strain difficulties for a large category of anisotropic inhomogeneous shells got via the subtle version. learning those difficulties leads to serious computational problems because of partial differential equations with variable coefficients caused by the constitutive family members of the unique version.
This contributed quantity includes the study result of the concern programme (PP) 1480 “Modelling, Simulation and repayment of Thermal results for advanced Machining Processes", funded through the German study Society (DFG). The topical concentration of this programme is the simulation-based prediction and repayment of thermally triggered workpiece deviations and subsurface harm results.
- Difference Equations, Discrete Dynamical Systems and Applications: ICDEA, Wuhan, China, July 21-25, 2014 (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- Bio-inspired Computing – Theories and Applications: 11th International Conference, BIC-TA 2016, Xi'an, China, October 28-30, 2016, Revised Selected Papers, ... in Computer and Information Science)
- Advances in Conceptual Modeling: ER 2016 Workshops, AHA, MoBiD, MORE-BI, MReBA, QMMQ, SCME, and WM2SP, Gifu, Japan, November 14–17, 2016, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Multicomponent and Multiscale Systems: Theory, Methods, and Applications in Engineering
- Decision Support Systems III - Impact of Decision Support Systems for Global Environments: Euro Working Group Workshops, EWG-DSS 2013, Thessaloniki, Greece, ... Notes in Business Information Processing)
Extra info for Agent-Based Modelling of Socio-Technical Systems: 9 (Agent-Based Social Systems)
Agent-Based Modelling of Socio-Technical Systems: 9 (Agent-Based Social Systems) by Koen H. van Dam,Igor Nikolic,Zofia Lukszo