By Betine van Zyl Smit
- Represents the 1st quantity to supply a whole assessment of the reception of old drama from antiquity to the present
- Covers the interpretation, transmission, functionality, construction, and version of Greek tragedy from the time the performs have been first created in old Athens in the course of the twenty first century
- Features overviews of the background of the reception of Greek drama in such a lot international locations of the world
- Includes chapters protecting the reception of Greek drama in glossy opera and film
Read or Download A Handbook to the Reception of Greek Drama (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
James Joyce and the Philosophers at Finnegans Wake explores how Joyce used the philosophers Nicholas Cusanus, Giordano Bruno, and Giambattista Vico because the foundation upon which to write down Finnegans Wake. only a few Joyce critics understand adequate approximately those philosophers and for this reason frequently leave out their impact on Joyce's nice paintings.
Seminar paper from the yr 2014 within the topic English Language and Literature reports - Literature, grade: 3,0, collage of Würzburg (Universität), path: the yankee brief tale within the twentieth Century, language: English, summary: This paper bargains with Joyce Carol Oates's brief tale 'Where Are You Going, the place have you ever Been?
Decorative Aesthetics bargains a thought of ornamentation as a fashion of marking out items for realize, cognizance, compliment, and a way of exploring traits of psychological engagement except interpretation and illustration. even though Thoreau, Dickinson, and Whitman have been adversarial to the overdecorated rooms and poems of nineteenth-century tradition, their writings are filled with references to chandeliers, butterflies, diamonds, and banners which point out their basic funding in ornamentation as a kind of attending.
This ebook is the 1st to examine how BBC radio awarded Anglophone Caribbean literature and in flip aided and encouraged the form of imaginitive writing within the quarter. Glyne A. Griffith examines Caribbean Voices pronounces to the sector over a fifteen-year interval and divulges that although the program’s investment used to be colonial in orientation, the content material and shape have been antithetical to the very colonial firm that had introduced this system into life.
- The Potency of Pastoral in the Hispanic Baroque (Monografías A)
- Forms of Faith: Literary Form and Religious Conflict in Early Modern England
- P.D. James: A Companion to the Mystery Fiction (McFarland Companions to Mystery Fiction)
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman and a Woman's Place in America (Amer Lit Realism & Naturalism)
Extra info for A Handbook to the Reception of Greek Drama (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception)
A Handbook to the Reception of Greek Drama (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception) by Betine van Zyl Smit